Saturday Table: lunch for those in need
On the second Saturday of each month, Mission & Outreach will prepare and serve lunch in Fellowship Hall to our local homeless population. In addition to offering a hot meal, we also offer showers, clothing and other items of necessity. If you would like to contribute to this effort, there are several ways to help:
- Cash and checks can be made out to the Community Church and designated for homeless outreach
- Bring men's and women's socks (new and gently used) to the church
- Bring sweat pants, sweaters, jackets and sweat shirts (new and gently used) to the church
- Bring men's and women's athletic shoes or boots (new and gently used) to the church
- Bring travel/sample size toiletry items to the church
- Tarps, rain ponchos, back packs, small tents
- LED flashlights and AAA batteries
- Toothbrush, toothpaste
- Shaving cream and disposable razors
- Insect repellent, lip balm, sun screen
- Baby wipes or similar product
- Volunteer to help on the second Saturday lunch for the homeless
Look for the collection bin in the church entry to drop off clothing and toiletry items. Monetary donations should be left in the church office. For more information or to volunteer, please contact the church office.
Other churches in the area sponsor a lunch for those in need on the remaining Saturdays. You can find a map, as well as a list of other services offered in Sebastopol. (PDF)
Did you know the Community Church also provides snack bags? Individually packaged snack items - applesauce, canned fruit, crackers, peanut butter, cookies - items that do not require refrigeration are available in the church office. You can find a map, as well as a list of other services offered in Sebastopol. (PDF). If you would like to help with this project, contact Chris Jenkins. If you are not available to help with preparations, your cash donations are also greatly appreciated.
Bus passes / Showers
Because Sebastopol does not have shelter facilities, we offer Sonoma County bus passes to enable folks to get to Santa Rosa where services are available. Bus passes are for the Sonoma County Transit, operating throughout Sonoma County, and can be picked up at the church office Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am to 4 pm.
Hot showers are available in our Memorial Hall, complete with soap, shampoo and towels. We also try to keep a small supply of warm socks, underwear, sweat pants and jackets available. Please check with the church office Monday-Thursday as shower availability times vary throughout the week. 707.823.2484.