Proposed Governance Model
Governance Change Process
By Rev. Benjamin Broadbent, Senior Minister & Patty Raney, Moderator
For the past year, our church’s Council has been working on organizing and articulating a new governance model to serve our congregation in the coming years.
On January 29, 2018, at the Annual Meeting of the Congregation, the Council will review the process so far and outline the next steps. Here’s a preview (subject to adjustment):
Process so far:
- Began in Fall 2016
- Part of monthly Council agenda starting February 2017
- Council formed Governance Committee in April 2017
- Council Off-Site Retreat in August 2017
- Governance Committee offered made presentations to congregation, Trustees, Staff & Women’s Fellowship
- Overview of governance model in October 2017 newsletter
- Outline of governance model on outside bulletin board November & December 2017
- Bylaws Sub-Committee created draft of Bylaws in December 2017
- Governance Model Presentations for all interested members: 1. Wednesday, January 10, 6:00-7:00 p.m. in Media Room 2. Sunday, January 21, 12:00-1:00 p.m. in Media Room
- Annual Meeting of the Congregation: Sunday, January 28, 11:30 a.m. in the Sanctuary o Overview of proposed Governance Model o Description of process so far and next steps o Draft of Bylaws made available to the congregation for review
- Special Meeting of the Congregation: Sunday, April 15, 11:30 a.m. in the Sanctuary o Vote on proposed Bylaws o Vote on slate of nominees for new Governance Model
As you can see, it has been an involved and inclusive process. Ideas are being shared and energy is being generated. Please participate, learn more, ask questions, make suggestions, and pray for the well-being of our congregation and its leadership.
Copies are available of the governance model, or you may view the document right here.